- Does self-learning mean that the Instructor does not teach anything?
- At Kumon, students learn directly from the worksheets. When students encounter problems, the Instructor’s role is to assist them, and give subtle hints so that they will be encouraged to progress independently.
The Kumon Method emphasises on self-learning. Self-learning means that students do the work and correct their own mistakes independently. The worksheets have been designed in such a way that allows students to figure out how to solve problems on their own. Examples and explanations are clearly provided when moving on to new topics, encouraging students to learn and advance independently at all times.
- Q:What is the youngest age a child can enroll in Kumon Centre?
- Q:Why do new students start with easy level materials?
- Q:What kind of results will I see in my child?
- Q:What makes Kumon such an effective complement to my child’s schooling?
- Q:Does self-learning mean that the Instructor does not teach anything?
- Q:Why do students have to study worksheets every day?
- Q:What are the main things I should do to make Kumon work for my child?