- Why do new students start with easy level materials?
- Starting with easy level materials helps ensure smooth study progress. This also enables students to focus on developing good study habits and build confidence early in the programme.
Before attending a Kumon Centre, new students will take a Diagnostic Test. The purpose of this test is not to evaluate or judge students but rather to help the Instructor to identify the starting point for each student. The Instructor ensures that all students start with their own “just right” level, they can progress on their own. Normally, students will start with easy levels where they can attain a perfect score by studying on their own. By starting with easy level materials, students progress smoothly in the programme, develop good study habits and self-confidence.
- Q:What is the youngest age a child can enroll in Kumon Centre?
- Q:Why do new students start with easy level materials?
- Q:What kind of results will I see in my child?
- Q:What makes Kumon such an effective complement to my child’s schooling?
- Q:Does self-learning mean that the Instructor does not teach anything?
- Q:Why do students have to study worksheets every day?
- Q:What are the main things I should do to make Kumon work for my child?