Personal Data Protection Policy for Kumon's Websites
This website is brought to you by Kumon Education (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (“Kumon”, or “We”, “Our” or “Us”). We ask that you read this Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) carefully as it contains important information about how we will process and use the personal data provided by you through this website. Please note that this policy only applies to personal data processed in respect of commercial transactions.
For the purposes of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), Kumon is the “data user” (ie. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of the personal data provided by you).
1. Collection of personal data
- Primarily, our website is informational in nature. We do not collect any personal data or personally identifiable information when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- We may automatically gather and temporarily store certain technical and navigational information related to your visit to this website, such as the internet protocol address (an internet protocol address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when surfing the internet) and the average time spent on our website. Such technical and navigational information does not identify you personally.
- We may also collect information that personally identifies you if you choose to submit your personal information for the various purposes made available on our website. The processing of your personal information will be done in accordance with all applicable laws.
2. Disclosure of personal data
- We do not disclose your personal data to unaffiliated third parties without your consent.
- We may disclose your personal data to the following parties (including those within and outside Malaysia):
- agents, contractors, vendors and service providers (including but not limited to professional, financial and/or payment service providers) that provide services including data processing services;
- your agents and advisors (including but not limited to professional advisors) and any other person notified by and authorised by you;
- government agencies / statutory bodies / authorities;
- our assignees or potential assignees, acquirers or potential acquirers and successors-in-title;
- any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken the responsibility to keep such data confidential;
- Kumon’s related and associated companies and affiliates, including Kumon’s Regional Support Office based in Singapore and the Kumon Institute of Education based in Japan; and
- other parties, in respect of whom you have consented to the disclosure of your personal data.
- We may also disclose your personal data (within and outside Malaysia) in good faith, (i) to comply with requirements of the government, law enforcement agency, any authorities to whom Kumon is subject to or any orders of court; (ii) as is necessary or relevant in relation to any legal process; or (iii) if required or authorised by law.
3. Your rights
- If you would like to make any inquiries or complaints or request to access, correct or limit our processing of your personal data you may contact our Kumon Education (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd’s Personal Data Officer at 03 2166 1032 or email us at email@example.com .
4. Changes to this Policy
- We may review and update this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in the law, changes in our business practices, procedures and structure, and the community’s changing privacy expectations.
- You should check this Policy occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version which will apply each time you access this website.
- While it is not generally feasible to notify you of the changes to this Policy, the latest version of this Policy will be available on this page on our website, or please contact our Kumon Education (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd’s Personal Data Officer at 03 2166 1032 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the latest version of this Policy at any time.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICE
The logos, graphics, pictures, design, and layout ("Contents") of this entire website are the exclusive property of Kumon Asia & Oceania Pte Ltd The Contents contained on this website shall not be reproduced, attached, copied, or linked to or from, any other website or any other print or electronic medium without the express written consent of Kumon Asia & Oceania Pte Ltd © 2009 Kumon Asia & Oceania Pte Ltd All rights reserved.
The information you enter anywhere on this website will not be collected, stored, retained, or transferred to a third party by Kumon Asia & Oceania Pte Ltd without your written consent, absent court order or other legal process.